Who are we?
DTAN, the Dance Teachers’ Association of Newfoundland, was founded in 1988 by a small group of local dance teachers passionate about dance education. Twenty-five years later, DTAN has 36 members and counting from the Eastern Avalon area. DTAN is directed by an executive committee who conduct monthly meetings in St. John’s with the membership.
DTAN’s Aims and Objectives are:
- To expose, develop and promote dance
- To encourage and maintain a high standard of business and teaching ethics among members of the association
- To gather and make available to all members of the association information relating to dance training and dance activities throughout the world
- To endeavor to raise funds to promote the aims and objectives of the association
- To act as an organization of support to members on issues relating to dance and dance teaching